The Student Advocacy Committee (SAC) is comprised of College of Medicine faculty and student representatives elected annually by their respective classes. The committee's goal is to represent student-related concerns to the COM administration.
The SAC meets on the second Tuesday of each month between the months of September and May during the noon hour in the Harrell Medical Education Building. The meetings are open to anyone who would like to attend. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Examples of Past Activities…
1. Call Room maintenance.
2. Student Lounge maintenance.
3. Obtained parking passes for students on call.
4. Lobbied for COM Student Counselor position.
5. Sought increased lighting in certain parking areas.
6. Participated in student workshops including Professional Interactions, Draw the Line on Student Abuse, and Attack on America (in response to 9/11).